Spring Holidays in the Algarve
The Algarve is a region that has a distinct personality in each season. There is gorgeous scenery, friendly people, incomparable traditions, a moderate climate, and much more, yet there is still much more to discover. All this is crowned by sunshine, flowers and juicy fruits in spring. Have you ever been to the Algarve in the spring? Today we welcome this time of year, which heralds a new beginning and the start of good travel weather.
Take your next trip to the Algarve and find out what you can't miss on a spring holiday.
Photography by Henri Pham – Unsplash
What should you pack for spring in the Algarve?
When we go on a trip, our suitcase is always small. That is why we are providing you with some packing suggestions for a few great days in the Algarve in spring.
Spring begins on March 20 and lasts until June 21. As temperatures can fluctuate during these months, you should take into account the temperatures that will prevail during your travel period when packing your suitcase.
- The Weather in the Algarve in March - In this month it is common to hear something like: "março, marçagão, de manhã inverno, à tarde verão", the meaning is: in March it rains in the morning and is sunny in the afternoon. This is a saying and can be taken seriously because the days in March in the Algarve are unpredictable.
Take a jacket for the cooler mornings and evenings. Do not forget lighter clothing such as short-sleeved shirts or long-sleeved but also light. Keep a pair of trainers in your suitcase for adventure travel, whether it's rainy or sunny.
Maximum temperature 17.2 0 C | Minimum temperature 10.4 0 C
- The Weather in the Algarve in April - "Em abril, águas mil" is the saying for this month, and it means there will be a lot of rain, but do not be alarmed because despite the rain, temperatures are pleasant and there are plenty of activities to do. Flowers are blooming in the more rural places, and the Algarve's landscapes are turning green.
Do not forget to pack a waterproof jacket, cool clothes such as T-shirts, fine trousers, sandals for sunny days and comfortable shoes.
Maximum temperature 18.9 0 C | Minimum temperature 11.9 0 C
- The Weather in the Algarve in May - The temperature climbs to about 20 degrees Celsius this month, and the beaches become busier. The water temperature may not yet be inviting for a swim, but you may still spend a few pleasant hours sunbathing on the Algarve's wide beaches.
Pack your suitcase with beachwear, a bikini, a towel, caps, and sunscreen, but keep in mind that the nights can still be cool. Always bring at least one warm item of clothing with you for evening activities outside the resort.
Maximum temperature 22 0 C | Minimum temperature 14 0 C
- The Weather in the Algarve in June - June is the end of spring and the beginning of the hot summer. The thermometer shows pleasant temperatures to spend endless, happy days on the beach.
The water temperature becomes pleasant and warm clothes can be replaced by light and fresh ones. Do not forget your swimwear, sandals or flip-flops, sunscreen and bring good spirits for one of the best months of your holiday in the Algarve.
Maximum temperature 25.5 0 C | Minimum temperature 16.6 0 C
Photography by Artem Beliaikin – Unsplash
Benefits of a Spring trip
There are numerous advantages to visiting the Algarve in the spring, but we have chosen a few to help you comprehend how fortunate you are to be doing so.
1. The days get longer in spring, and the good news is that you can stretch out your activities for longer.
2. Temperatures are more pleasant, and going for a walk outside is a good idea.
3. The crowds are lower in the Algarve during the low season, which is spring and autumn, making it simpler to watch everything in peace and enjoy the quiet of the Algarve.
Photography by Nadine Rupprecht - Unsplash
Spring in the Algarve: Places not to be missed
When you travel, you always want to bring back wonderful memories, whether they are in the form of souvenirs or photos. Take your camera with you and forever remember where you were happy. Here are some of the unmissable places in the Algarve.
1. Ponta da Piedade - The first tip for a must-see place in the Algarve is just 10 minutes from Jardim da Meia Praia. It is the famous Ponta da Piedade, and if you have never been there, you have probably heard about the wonders of the natural landscape of this place. Here we give you the coordinates to get there and advise you to go down the 180 steps that will bring you close to the sea and the incredible rock formations. Take the opportunity to cool off or just get your feet wet.
2. Sagres - It is one of the few places where you can observe the plains without tall buildings disturbing the landscape. Springtime adds a certain glow to this community, especially the sea, which seems endless when viewed from the great cliffs near Cape St Vincent. Photograph the orange hues of the sunset and take with you the memory of having once witnessed the most beautiful natural spectacle south of Portugal. See the coordinates for Cape St Vincent here.
3. Monchique - The Algarve is known for its beautiful beaches, but the truth is that it has so much to offer that you can immerse yourself in a completely different environment every day. This is the case in Monchique and its hills facing the sea. Here, spring takes centre stage on every hill, and a thousand colourful flowers cover the ground. On hot days, visit the refreshing Caldas de Monchique, taste the thermal water straight from the spout and organise a little picnic at the stone tables scattered throughout the park. Check out the location here.
Photography by Frank Nurnberger - Unsplash
Travelling should not be limited to the warmer months. Never miss out on a place just because you could not organise your holiday in a particular season. Prove that new landscapes are happening in the Algarve every season of the year, and because they are so distinct, you should not miss them at any time of year. Travel to the Algarve during the low season to experience the spirit of the place without the crowds.
Plan a holiday to Jardim da Meia Praia, and you'll discover that spring is one of the greatest times to explore the south of Portugal.